Senior Resources has volunteer opportunities for every area of interest. Whether you'd like to help pack or deliver food for Meals on Wheels, assist at special events, lead a class at a senior center, or take food to pets in need, there is an opportunity for you.
View ourgreatest volunteer needs
"You need to feel it from the inside. The best thing about volunteering is helping people."
Longtime Senior Resources Volunteer
They need us. We need you.
Meals on Wheels
- Volunteers are needed to pack and/or deliver meals between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday through Friday. Meal distribution sites are located at:
- Senior Resources main office, 2817 Millwood Ave., Columbia, SC 29205. Packing hours are 8:30-10:30 a.m. Pickup for delivery is from 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1715 Broad River Rd., Columbia, SC 29210. Packing hours are 9-10:00 a.m. Pickup for delivery is 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Spring Valley Presbyterian Church, 125 Sparkleberry Lane, Columbia, SC 29229. Packing hours are 9-10:00 a.m. Pickup for delivery is 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Substitute delivery volunteers are needed to replace regular volunteers.
- We welcome one-time volunteers, volunteers who want to deliver on a weekly or monthly basis, and families who want to volunteer together.
- Local businesses are also welcome to “adopt” a delivery route to share among employees, or to organize a one-day delivery “blitz” to provide a break to our regular volunteers.
- For more information on Meals on Wheels, click here. To volunteer, contact Anne Shissias at 803-252-7734 x 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are needed to deliver pet food once a month (third weekend of each month) to our Meals on Wheels recipients.
- You can also help by organizing a pet food drive. This is a great community service project for Scout troops, businesses, civic clubs, schools, churches and individuals.
- For only $20 a month, you can become a Pet Pals Sponsor to help feed and provide veterinary care to pets in need.
- For more information on Pet Pals, click here. To volunteer, contact Stephanie Sears-Keene at 803-252-7734 x 235 or email@example.com.
- Senior Companions assist home-bound individuals by providing respite and companionship, preparing light meals, and assisting with household chores.
- Volunteers must be age 55 or older, with an income less than $2,000 per month.
- Senior Companions provide 20 or more hours of service each week, and receive a small tax-free stipend and mileage reimbursement.
- For more information on Senior Companions, click here. To volunteer, contact Sonya Johnson at 803-252-7734 x 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are needed at our four Wellness Centers to assist with activities or lead classes.
- Volunteers are needed to provide companionship to our Wellness Center clients.
- For more information on our Wellness Centers, click here. To volunteer, contact Mekia Burgess at 803-252-7734 x 236 or email@example.com.
Food Co-op Programs
- Park Street Baptist Church Food Co-op – volunteers needed the second Wednesday of each month to unload produce at 6:45 a.m. and to pack produce from 7:30-9 a.m.
- For more information on the Food Co-op Programs, click here. To volunteer, please contact Miranda Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-252-7734 x242.
Fundraising and Special Events
- March for Meals: Volunteers are needed to plan, promote and facilitate the annual March for Meals 5K run and walk. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
- Every Senior Counts: Volunteers are needed to help set up and serve at our annual fundraiser luncheon. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
- For more information or to volunteer, contact Director of Development Bridget Winston at 803-252-7734 x 256 or email@example.com.
For more information on how your office or group can volunteer together, contact Director of Development Bridget Winston at 803-252-7734 x 256 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out this form.