A daily phone call delivers peace of mind to seniors who are homebound or disabled. A trained volunteer calls the senior at a scheduled time each day to make sure he or she is happy, healthy and safe.
Know someone who needs us?Click Here
"They just appreciate hearing a voice. You don't even have to say much. They just enjoy knowing someone is out there."
RSVP Volunteer with the Telephone Reassurance Program
The Telephone Reassurance Program is a joint project of the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of the Midlands and Senior Resources, Inc. It is designed to help homebound elderly and/or disabled individuals to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible by providing reassuring telephone calls, social support and safety checks. This program hopes to reduce isolation and help recipients feel safer and more connected to their community.
- A brief, daily telephone call to a homebound elderly and/or disabled person
- The call is placed at a pre-arranged time each day
- Calls are made up to 5 days a week, Monday through Friday
- Calls are made by friendly, trained volunteers
- This service is offered at no cost
- If the recipient does not answer the phone, a procedure of safety checks is followed before emergency response system (911) is activated
- Recipients must be temporarily or permanently homebound (unable to leave their residence due to disability, injury or age)
- Recipients must be age 60 or older and/or disabled
- Recipients must agree to program guidelines
- Click here for an application.
- Mail completed applications to Senior Resources, Inc. c/o Telephone Reassurance Program, 2817 Millwood Ave. Columbia, SC 29205.
- Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Please call 803-252-7734 x248 for assistance with the application or more information.
- The Telephone Reassurance program is an opportunity to give back to your community from the comfort of your own home with minimal time commitment and effort. Please call RSVP of the Midlands for information on how to become a Telephone Reassurance Volunteer 252-7734 x248, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.